Friday, September 14, 2012

A re-written classic



Genre:Comic, Classic
Publication.Date October, 03, 2012
Pages:100
Published By: Dark Horse Comics
WebsiteRod Espinosa
A Christmas Carol - Goodreads


My review copy:ARC received from the puvhlisher through NetGalley for a honest review


Charles Dickens’s holiday classic, A Christmas Carol, is given a fresh twist—with a female Scrooge! Rod Espinosa (The Courageous Princess) adapts and illustrates this story of the miserly Eliza Scrooge, who is visited by the ghosts of the past, present, and future on one fateful Christmas eve.
* This hardcover volume makes a perfect gift for the coming season!



This is a classic saga that many children had heard but in this version the main character is not a man instead it is a woman.
Since I only know this saga from the movies (shame on me I know) I have to say it is a real good one and I loved it.
The fact that is made as a serie album makes it more fun to read and easier for childrens to read it too since there is plenty of illustrations.
My thoughts on this good and classical story is following:
  • It is good written and good illustrations
  • I love the re-writing that they used a auntie instead of a uncle like in the "real" story 
  • That it makes you want to read the whole thing 
  • The fact that is in modern English makes it easier to understand
  • And also I like that we get to see how the auntie changes her mind and becomes a really nice lady and no longer is mean to the people.

I think everyone should read this one even though you may already have read the new one because you will not regret it.
 This version will get a 5 out of 5 because it is worth it:) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment