Thursday, September 6, 2012

NetGalley: Interrupted

Interrupted: A Life Beyond Words
Genre:Young Adult, Romance
Publication.Date March 01, 2012
Pages:256
Published By: Zondervan
WebsiteRachel Coker

Interrupted - Goodreads
My review copy:ARC received from NetGalley for a honest review

Can love really heal all things? If Sam Carroll hadn’t shown up, she might have been able to get to her mother in time. Instead, Allie Everly finds herself at a funeral, mourning the loss of her beloved mother. She is dealt another blow when, a few hours later, she is sent from Tennessee to Maine to become the daughter of Miss Beatrice Lovell, a prim woman with a faith Allie cannot accept. Poetry and letters written to her mother become the only things keeping Allie’s heart from hardening completely. But then Sam arrives for the summer, and with him comes many confusing emotions, both toward him and the people around her. As World War II looms, Allie will be forced to decide whether hanging on to the past is worth losing her chance to be loved.

At the beginning it went little bit slowly but it passed after just 2-3 pages and it is a mixed between a sad book and a happy romantic book that turns in to a sad book and then back to a happy romantic book.
I wrote down what I liked and disliked about the book and here comes the list.

What I liked about the book:
  • That Rachel Coker have choosen to have some Emily Dickinson quotes at the beginning of every chapter, each one is very beautiful
  • I'm really loving the main character name Alcyone
  • The language is written in a good and a understandable English even though the story takes place in 1940th 
  • The story is really good and Rachel maked me want to read the book all the time
What I didn't liked about the book:
  • The end that leaved me hanging and wanting more but, in the end this fits in the like list too since a book that leaves you hanging and wanting more is a great book :) 
I think you should read this book if you, like me, is a sucker for romantic, sad and historical books even though it is not so much of historical other than the WW2 I would say.
I would recommend this book to everyone I know that loves reading because of the well writing language, the story and because of the age of the author.

I will give this book a 5 out of 5:)



0 comments:

Post a Comment